Many activities in the National Park require a permit, including:
- All large scale events (eg: sponsored walks and sporting events).
- Special events including large picnics / parties
- Commercial filming and commercial photography
- Hang gliding & paragliding
- SCUBA diving
- Gun dog trials
- Horse riding
This list is by no means exhaustive, and if an activity is not listed here, it does not mean that the activity is allowed. If in doubt, please contact us and ask.
How To Apply For A Permit
Applications for a permit should be made on the permit application form
- Post to Glenveagh National Park, Church Hill, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland F92 P993;
- Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide as much detail as possible – dates, locations, nature of activity, necessity to carry out activity.
Permit requests should be made at least seven days prior to the proposed event.
Persons acting under permit must produce that permit on request for inspection by members of the Park Staff.
If you have any queries, please contact us at the email address above.